A fabulous Autumn Edition Corpse Reviver cocktail to enjoy during Halloween.
Apart from the optional garnish this is a pretty classic cocktail originating from the Savoy Hotel American Bar in the 1930s. The slightly alarming garnish adds a bit of Halloween gore, without spoiling the drink! You can buy miniature bottles of absinthe so you’re not stuck with a whole bottle, or you could leave it out if you’re not keen on the anise flavour.
- 25ml Rock Rose Gin Autumn Edition
- 25ml triple sec (or another orange liqueur)
- 25ml lillet blanc (or white vermouth)
- 25ml lemon juice
- A teaspoon of sugar syrup (or to taste)
- A dash of absinthe
- Optional Garnish: A few drops of grenadine syrup; Tinned Lychees; Red jam such as strawberry or raspberry; Blueberries red food colouring
Rock Rose Gin Autumn Edition
- Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and then fine strain into a chilled martini glass.
- First use a small spoon or a piping bag to put a little jam into the cavity of the lychee
- Then pop in a blueberry
- You can then use a toothpick to add some red food colouring around the white part of the eyeball. A few drops of grenadine to look like blood finish it off nicely!
- If you want to go the extra mile you can add some dry ice, but you must make sure that its completely evaporated before you drink it
For an optional garnish
Fabulous Recipe, photo and video created by Mike Denman