GDPR: DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Dunnet Bay Distillers (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We take the privacy of your information very seriously and we want to make sure your experience on our website is as safe and useful as possible. This policy will detail how we collect data from you, what data we collect and how we use it. By using our website you agree to be bound by the terms of this policy. The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you would like to change your information or preferences at any time please email us at in**@du*****************.uk.
We only collect and use your information in accordance with the current data protection law in the UK, which is applicable from 25th May 2018. We are the data controller of any personal data that you provide us.
How do we and what information do we collect
- Purchases: Name, address, telephone, email, IP address and order history
- Free WiFi login: Name, email
- Data capture at events: Name, email
- Newsletter signup: Name, email
- Competitions: Name, email
- Online services: We record anonymous information on how our users interact with the site, which pages and resources are popular, which sites are linking to our own, and what kind of devices our users have. We use this data to ensure we are delivering a website which works well for all of our users.
Why we collect this information
- To help us understand how our site is used
- To be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you
- To enable us to supply you with products/services you have requested
Usage of information
- We use the information stored to provide communication relating to your order, respond to queries and to inform you of any exciting distillery news or product launches.
- We promise to only ever send relevant emails!
Sharing of information
- We may pass the information to third parties who act for us for the purposes set out within this policy. For example, Mailchimp.
- We will share information if we believe we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves.
- We will share the names of winners of any competitions hosted by us, unless specifically requested not to.
- We treat your information confidentially and do NOT rent or sell it.
Our website security
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, please recognise we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data transmitted to us electronically, any transmission is at your own risk.
We do not store any financial information – debit/credit card details.
3rd Party Access To Website
From time to time we can encounter issues on our site which may require further investigation. We will give limited access to 3rd party software developers for the course of the investigation.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Our policy relates to our website, Dunnet Bay Distillers. We are not responsible for the privacy of other websites.
We use STRIPE or PAYPAL payment processing, and data is collected via their servers for processing. You can read more about their policies here:
You have the right at any time to
- have your information deleted
- ask what information we hold on you
- ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold on you
01847 851 287
Dunnet Bay Distillers, Dunnet, Thurso, Caithness, Scotland, KW14 8XD
Questions and Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding how we collect, handle, store or secure your personal information, contact us on in**@du*****************.uk or call us on 01847 851287
You also have the right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details are set out below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street
Telephone: 0303 123 1115