A delicious grown up take on a chocolate filled cookie – Rock Rose Gin style!
When Caithness Chocolate created the delicious Rock Rose Gin chocolate spread I knew I had to make them into these cookies.
- 15 tsps Rock Rose Gin Chocolate Spread
- 115g Unsalted butter
- 175g Light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 275g Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 200g Chocolate, finely chopped
Rock Rose Gin
- Scoop tsps of Rock Rose Gin Chocolate spread onto a baking tray and freeze until solid
- Beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy and then add in the egg and vanilla and beat again
- Mix in the flour, salt, bicarb and cornflour until combined
- Stir through the finely chopped chocolate
- Take a scoopful of dough and flatten slightly
- Add a frozen tsp of chocolate spread and wrap the dough around it to seal
- Place on a lined baking tray and repeat to make approx 15 cookies
- Bake in a pre-heated oven (190c/170c fan) for around 11 - 13 minutes
At least 2 hours before baking
Once the chocolate spread has frozen begin on the cookie dough
Recipe adapted from the fabulous Jane’s Patisserie. Check out her website for other fabulous recipes!