We thought the bergamot flavours of Earl Grey tea would work really well with our Pink Grapefruit Old Tom to serve as our ‘tea’ at our special Afternoon Tea!
Another super easy cocktail which can be prepared in advance.
Earl Grey Syrup
- Add 2 teaspoons of Earl Grey tea leaves to 400ml of just boiled water, take off the heat and allow to infuse for 10 minutes
- Strain and add 400g of caster sugar to the tea. Stir until dissolved
- Pour into a bottle, allow to cool and seal
- This will keep in a fridge for up to 2 months
- Pour 50ml of Pink Grapefruit Old Tom to a cocktail shaker with ice
- Add 25ml freshly squeezed lemon juice and 15ml Earl Grey syrup
- Shake well until chilled
- Strain into a glass with ice and top with soda water
This can be prepared in advance for large numbers. Add the gin, lemon juice and tea syrup to a large jug and stir well. Keep chilled and add soda and ice just prior to serving!