It’s Party Week on the Great British Bake Off and one of their challenges this week is sausage rolls! We thought we’d share our Holy Grass Vodka Sausage Rolls created with the addition of our Holy Grass Vodka, sage and apple – perfect for festive celebrations.
- 2 Apples, chopped into small pieces
- 1 zest of lemon
- 2tbsp Caster sugar
- 50ml Holy Grass Vodka
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 375g Puff pastry, ready rolled
- 6 Pork sausages
- 2 tbsp Sage, finely chopped
- 1 egg,beaten
Holy Grass Vodka
- Place the chopped apple into a small pan with the lemon, sugar and Holy Grass Vodka. Add 100ml water and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Allow to simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Mash the cooked apples to your desired consistency
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c
- Remove the sausages from their skins and mix with the chopped sage and Holy Grass Vodka apple sauce
- Unroll the puff pastry and cut in half lengthways
- Spoon the sausage mix along the length and middle of the pastry
- Brush one side of the pastry with the beaten egg and roll the other side of the pastry over the sausage meat. Press with a fork to seal
- Cut the roll into 4cm pieces and place on a lined baking tray
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes
- Can be frozen before or after baking to make festive prep easy!