We found this fabulous Lemon Meringue Pie recipe on The Flavor Bender and loved the idea of a Lemon Meringue Pie cocktail, thinking it would suit our Holy Grass Vodka perfectly. We tried it out using Mackays Lemon Curd, which we included in September’s Refill Rewards Club box, and also Berry Good’s Limoncello. It was delicious and ticked all the boxes for a dessert style cocktail!
It looks tricky to make, but it is honestly not and worth the extra wee while making the Swiss meringue. The recipe serves two but can easily be adjusted.
- 90ml Holy Grass Vodka
- 30ml Limoncello
- 30ml Lemon juice
- 113g Jar of Mackays Lemon Curd
- 1 Egg white
- 30g Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
Holy Grass Vodka
- Add the egg whites and sugar to a clean, glass bowl and place over a pan of barely simmering water, whilst stirring continuously
- Continue to stir until the sugar dissolves and the eggs turn a creamy colour, around 2-3 minutes. This should happen at around 63° - 66°c if you have a food thermometer handy
- Remove the bowl and immediately begin to whisk the eggs until stiff peaks, around 3-4 minutes
- Whisk in the vanilla
- This will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 24 hours.
- Add the vodka, limoncello, lemon curd and lemon juice to a shaker with ice
- Shake well until the lemon curd is fully incorporated
- Strain into chilled serving glasses
- Spoon on the Swiss meringue
- Using a chefs torch, gently brown the edges of the meringue
- Amazing alongside some Island Bakery shortbread!
Begin by making the Swiss meringue
To assemble the cocktail
Delicious recipe credit to The Flavor Bender. Conversions have been made from American measurements to British.