A bold citrus focussed cocktail designed to play well with the citrus of lemon verbena and savoury salinity of kelp and sea salt. The salt with cut through much of the bitterness brought by the grapefruit whilst elderflower liqueur add a lighter floral note that adds a touch of sweetness. The addition of Angostura bitters helps to retain the light spice found in Mapmaker’s Rum. Perfect for enjoying in the summer sunshine.
- 50ml Mapmaker’s Rum
- 15ml Elderflower liqueur
- 15ml Lime juice
- 15ml Sugar syrup
- 25ml Pink grapefruit juice
- An optional dash of Angostura Bitters
- Garnish: slice of pink grapefruit, lime wheel and mint sprig
Mapmaker’s Coastal Spiced Rum
- Shake all ingredients with ice
- Double strain into a short glass over ice
- Garnish with a slice of pink grapefruit, lime wheel and mint sprig
Recipe and photography created by the fabulous Mike Denman.