Ross Lawrie of Orchid, Aberdeen, created this fabulous Mo Chridhe for our Cocktail Competition to mark International Scottish Gin Day 2021. It made it through to the final five where is was then voted by the general public to be The Consumers’ Choice Winner! Congratulations Ross!
He has kindly shared his recipe here
- 45ml Rock Rose Gin
- 50ml Scottish seaweed, rosemary, thyme and spiced pear cordial
- 5 drops Pineapple Sage Tincture
- Garnish: sprig of rosemary
Rock Rose Gin
- Vacuum pack 500g pear, 5g rosemary, 3g thyme, 10g Mara Scottish seaweed, 250g sugar and 100ml water
- Sous vide for 1 hour
- Remove from the bag and place in a superbag to drain
- Once strained, add 5g citric acid and 2.5g malic acid and combine.
- Vacuum seal 20g pineapple sage and 100ml Rock Rose gin
- Allow to macerate for 48 hours
- Shake all the ingredients together with ice
- Double strain into a high ball glass
- Add ice and top with soda
To make the Scottish Seaweed Cordial
To make the Pineapple Sage Tincture
To assemble the cocktail
Or leave it to the professionals and pop into Orchid in Aberdeen to try more cocktails created by Ross!