This salmon dish is ‘cooked’ using lime juice. Make sure that the salmon is very fresh.
- 600g Fresh salmon fillet, bones and skin removed
- 150mls Rock Rose gin
- 3 limes, juiced
- Sea salt
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- Assorted leaves
Rock Rose Gin
- Slice the salmon fillet as thinly as you can with a sharp knife and place in a large bowl
- Add the lime, gin, a good pinch of salt
- Mix gently to coat the salmon but don't break up the fish
- Leave for 5 - 10 minutes
- The salmon will turn slightly pink - this is acid from the limes curing the fish
- Lay the salmon slices onto the serving plates, garnish the top with the fennel and the leaves.
Recipe and photography by Mike Denman