We are delighted Scotland has now moved into Phase 3 and that the lockdown restrictions are gently easing. It means that we can re-open our distillery shop with every safety measure being taken (Joanne has written a 50-page document on this!). From Wednesday 15th July at 10am, Libby, Joanne and Laura will be smiling (behind their visors) ready to our welcome visitors safely back to our shop. As with everywhere right now, we will have special measures in place, and these are for our teams’ safety as well as yours. It is in everyone’s interests to keep the virus suppressed!
Special Shop Measures
We will always very warmly welcome visitors but things will just be a wee bit different this year!
- Only one ‘household’ will be allowed in our very small shop at any time (max 6 people). We ask that you respect the social distancing rules
- When you arrive in our carpark, we will come and meet you and advise if you can come straight into the shop
- If the shop is busy, don’t worry we will entertain you! Our gardens are free to wander (following social distancing rules) and the Northern Sands Hotel is just next door
- Our team will wear visors so that you can still seeing their lovely, welcoming smiles
- Face masks must be worn by visitors from entry into the shop until leaving
- We will have our very own hand sanitiser for you to use upon entry, and at the shop counter and when leaving
- We will ask for your contact details on arrival. These will be safely held for a maximum of 14 days and then destroyed
- Our team will frequently be cleaning and sanitising during and between visits
- Card payments would be very much preferred
- We ask that you only stay in our shop for 15 minutes if there are others waiting
- Our usual tastings in the shop will not be available
We know it all sounds very cold and clinical but rest assured your visit won’t be. Libby, Joanne and Laura could never be anything but welcoming!
After much consideration we have decided that our tour offering for this year had to change. We will not be offering our usual fun, access-all-areas tour but will instead, be offering something a little bit different – Tutored Tastings! It is important to us that you still enjoy your visit to the Dunnet Bay Distillery and to Caithness and we have come up with this new concept which we feel reduces a lot of unnecessary risks.
We are still working through the finer details of our Tutored Tastings, but we are aiming to be able to offer them from August. We will be following government guidelines so this may change. As soon as we have finalised our plans, we will share details with our visitors.
We’re looking forward to welcoming visitors back again! For everyone’s benefit, we will be ensuring all guidelines for visitor safety are followed and adhered too. We look forward to seeing you soon!