We are proud to work with some of the top venues and bartenders. Here, our Brand Ambassador, John, spends five minutes with Charlie Wilson, our Scottish Brand Ambassador for Rock Rose Gin and Holy Grass Vodka.
Five Minutes with… Charlie Wilson – Scottish Brand Ambassador Rock Rose Gin and Holy Grass Vodka
1. Favourite Rock Rose Gin and/or Holy Grass Vodka serve(s)?
A Rock Rose Gin Citrus Coastal Edition and tonic is pretty hard to beat. I’m also a big fan of a London Calling cocktail with the Rock Rose Pink Grapefruit Old Tom.
2. First time you encountered our spirits and why you like them?
When I worked in cocktail bars in Aberdeen, I first noticed the distinctive Rock Rose bottle and it caught my interest. From there I have enjoyed experimenting with different serves as the spirits are so versatile.
3. How long have you been working at your venue?
I worked in cocktail bars across Scotland for 7 Years before joining the team at Dunnet Bay Distillers in 2022. I’ve been with Dunnet Bay for 6 months now.
4. Who is your drinks trade hero or mentor?
The team at Orchid in Aberdeen taught me a lot about service and hospitality. Working alongside a chap named Ryan Way really spurred me on to challenge myself and we had a bit of a competitive streak between us.
5. What’s your all-time favourite cocktail?
My all-time favourite cocktail is a classic Daiquiri but a Rock Rose Citrus Coastal Martini probably comes a close second.
6. And which piece of music would you listen to whilst sipping this drink?
I’m a big fan of Hip-Hop ranging from classic to more modern. However it’d probably be something by Mac Miller.
7. Favourite venue (anywhere in the world) other than your own bar?
Orchid in Aberdeen has always been my favourite bar to drink (and work) in but aside from that, Lyaness in London has always shown me great hospitality.
8. Fantasy cocktail hour: who with and what would you drink?
I don’t think much beats a few good drinks with some close friends.
9. Is sustainability important to you and, if so, how do you incorporate that interest into your work?
Sustainability is now more important than ever and, although it’s tricky to implement in bars and restaurants I’m glad to see the team at Dunnet Bay Distillers putting it at the forefront of what they do.